Subject: Re: alarm

Re: alarm

From: Jens Arnold <arnold-j_at_t-online.de>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 09:55:07 +0200

On 17.09.2006, victor rajewski wrote:

> I'm working on a plugin to provide alarm-clock like
> functionality for any device with an RTC.

In fact rockbox already has a *true* RTC alarm feature in the
core, it's just currently only working on Archos FM recorder,
recorder v2, and with a tiny hardware mod, recorder v1.

With true RTC alarm I mean that the device is powered off after
setting the alarm. It will power up at the set alarm time, using
the hardware alarm feature of the RTC. Just don't forget to
have 'resume on startup' enabled.

Afaik this should be possible to implement with the RTC used in
the iriver H300, iaudio X5, and the iPods as well.

Regards, Jens