Subject: Re: How in the heck...

Re: How in the heck...

From: Glenn at home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 13:33:28 -0500

It may be the case that an older build will help, but I don't use an iPod,
as it sounds like that is what you have, so I don't know for sure if it will
help.
But if you are using spelling and not the voice for folders and files, that
would have a hard time keeping up with the functions.
I would not like to use spell, unless that was all there was, and I even
might prefer it to just say file1, file 2, etc. rather than spelling.
You would do better to get a better speech engine for your computer, if you
only have Microsoft Sam, as that is about the worse speech engine there is.
There are some out there, and Microsoft has Mary & Mike that are free also,
and they are pretty good for being free.
You will need to run the TalkBox script for files & folders to be voiced.
I think that if you have been spelling files, I would suggest voicing them
before going back to an older build.
HTH.
Glenn