Subject: Re: How in the heck...

Re: How in the heck...

From: Steve Bavin <pondlife_at_ntlworld.com>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 20:55:18 +0100

> Yes, around the August 13th daily build, those problems were fixed. Voice
> was much, much more responsive than ever before. However, around August
> 16th, something was changed in the code so that the voice UI was, once
> again, sluggish. I didn't mind the sluggishness when I first got my
iriver,
> but upon seeing what the voice UI was capable of in the August 13th build,
> am disappointed that the sluggishness has returned. No developer has yet
> responded to my query on this, but I urge all of you to try the August
13th
> build on your (software encoding) players and let me know how it works in
> comparison to later builds.

Hi Grant,

I don't think anything was deliberately changed in this area around those
dates, but I'd like to see if we work out a reason for what you're seeing.

Please could you try out daily builds for each day from the 12th to the 16th
of August, then post back with a FAST or SLOW report for each one?

Steve Bavin