Subject: Re: How in the heck...

Re: How in the heck...

From: Jacob Rau <jacob.rau_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:19:25 -0400

Steve Bavin wrote:
> Hi Rocker,
>
> I just committed the patch, so wait a while and get a CVS build to test.
> Remember this will only help when music is not playing... when music is
> playing it's not easy to fix!
>
> Steve Bavin

I will try the patched version momentarily.

IMHO we really shouldn't let the voice speak at all during the playing
of a song. I don't think it's useful at all. Then again, the user would
lose the ability to navigate while music is playing, and if they hit
Menu during a song, they're lost and pause doesn't stop the song. I
don't know--it's a sticky situation any way you put it. If we keep
voices going during the WPS, I think someone should add a hook so that
the (pre-decoded and in RAM) voice samples could be mixed in right
before the data is sent out.

I don't know...
Jacob