Subject: Re: Configuration of the List

Re: Configuration of the List

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 19:55:58 -0600

Hi Grant you WROTE:
Please let me discuss one of my ongoing complaints about this list which has
never been addressed. When someone posts to the list, their Email address
appears in FULL on the Rockbox Mail Archives page.

 Most list providers like Yahoo and FreeLists truncate an email address like
email_at_domain.com
 to something like
email_at_d...
. Spammers have tools that enable them to search on Google or other search
engines for Email addresses. Sure enough, if I type my own address into
Google,
the only results that appear are posts by myself to the Rockbox mailing
list.

 Since subscribing to the list, I am getting flooded with spam and have had
to switch to a secondary Email address. This is the only list I'm on where
this is a problem. Could we please have this fixed? Some people might not
receive spam, and some spam will unavoidably be from other sources other
than
this list, but it certainly doesn't help.

Actually, this topic has been discussed before. It would probably be better
to take this off list to the list moderator don't you think?

rocker