Subject: Re: Configuration of the List

Re: Configuration of the List

From: Dominik Riebeling <>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:39:03 +0200

On 10/2/06, Erik Slagter <> wrote:
> That why you should BOUNCE, the reply address is fake anyway.

Fake or not? I got a couple of spam messages that were simply bounced
with my mail address as sender, so *I* got spam because others think
it's a good idea to not actually *trash* it in the first place.

Still, I consider bouncing spam mails a way to annoy users who have
nothing to do with that particular spam mail and therefore a
completely wrong solution as it tends to only harm other users (not
always, but in quite a couple of times) without any benefit as
spammers won't notice anything. Anyway, this conversation gets more
and more off topic.

 - Dominik