Subject: RE: Configuration of the List

RE: Configuration of the List

From: Grant Hardy <>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2006 15:22:33 -0700

> > Yes, but look at the quoted headers below. Intelligent listservs
> > (like Yahoo) truncate those addresses, too.
> Intelligent *computer users* truncate replies to e-mails to contain only
> small parts that are related to the answer and also do not top-post.
> That way full e-mail adresses would never end up in the archives. Go
> figure...
Yup, but do they? Some do, some don't. I would much prefer to be dependent
on a listserve rather than a person to have my address filtered out of the
archives. I'm surprised you guys don't think this is a problem--why, then,
would Yahoo Groups, FreeLists and more do it? If there's no way that having
Email addresses display in full on a list's archive page could lead to
abuse, why do these large companies employ this technique? Think about