Subject: Re: Blind user has iPod questions

Re: Blind user has iPod questions

From: ScottLearned <SLearned_at_cox.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 06:48:29 -0700

Woody Anna Dresner wrote:

I'm pretty sure iTunes is required to get the iPod into disk
mode. I'm not sure about iTunes 7, but with all previous releases,
iTunes dialog boxes were accessible even if the rest of the program
wasn't, so you should be able to use iTunes enough to put the iPod in disk
mode without any special scripts or set files.

Regards,
Anna

Hi Anna,
installation of iTunes is not required to install Rockbox. I successfully
installed RB on both my Nano and Video without it.

But like you mentioned, if you want to read Audible books on the iPods, you
would need to install iTunes.

Scott