Subject: RE: Questions about IPod Nano

RE: Questions about IPod Nano

From: Grant Hardy <grant_hardy_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 18:53:41 -0700

> I respectfully disagree. Many blind people are using the first
> generation iPod Nano successfully, and would love to see Rockbox
> function on the second generation one as well. I am totally blind,
> and though the click wheel took some getting used to, it works quite
> well, especially now that Rockbox is so stable. And I am by no means
> the only totally blind person using it. This is definitely a viable
> product for many blind users.
If I may ask, how is the voice support on the Nano? In other words, with
hard disk based players it takes a while for the new voice clip to load up.
However, the Nano is flash based so are voicing files/folders almost
instant? Also, what's the highest capacity of Ipod Nano's that you can buy
that works with Rockbox? Just curious...