Subject: Re: Questions about IPod Nano

Re: Questions about IPod Nano

From: Michael DiFebbo <>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 09:54:29 -0400

William Lomas wrote:
> also, will rockbox work on the new generation of i pods, specifically
> the eighty gig hard drive based model? i think it is sixth gen or
> fifth gen, not too sure. i assume there are instructions for
> installing rockbox on an i pod via a macintosh for a totally blind
> person? i am beeing asked, if i want and IPod for xmas and i am
> tempted. regards, william lomas, UK.
No. As has been discussed several times already in this thread, Rockbox
is not yet functional on the newest generation of iPods. Rockbox works
on the sixty gigabyte iPod video. It does not yet work on the eighty
gigabyte iPod video.

You can find installation instructions for the iPod video in the Rockbox
Manual, which you can access here:

We've done our best to make the manual as accessible as possible for the
blind. We're always open to suggestions as to how it could be improved.

Michael E. DiFebbo