Subject: Archos frustrations again

Archos frustrations again

From: Erin M. Chaves <>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 17:49:06 -0400

Tom Cole writes:

We have had two Archos V1 recorders in our family. Mine still works
fine, but my wife's had problems with the buttons sometimes being
mis-read by the software. For instance the Up button would sometimes act
as though F1, F2, or F3 had been pushed (usually F2), and other buttons
sometimes acted weirdly as well. This sounds like it might be your problem - You press Up, but it takes you into the F2 menu and subsequent key presses change the F2 options.

I think that could be it! :-) I'll definitely give your build a go. Thank you for the info.
Let me clarify one thing I said earlier.
Quoting myself here:
Sometimes the settings would change by themselves. This would happen while I was pressing either the up/down or the previous/next buttons. I would always know when something wasn't right, because I couldn't
change the volume, change the track, or even pause until I stopped the unit.

What I meant to say was, I can't change the volume or change the track until I stop the playing of the current file. I've never had to completely turn off the unit. It certainly seems like I could be in some kind of menu, for I must press stop exactly twice to end the playing of the file. I'll let you all know how it goes. Have a great weekend!