Subject: Re: Ram question for my Arcos

Re: Ram question for my Arcos

From: Jacob Rau <>
Date: Sat, 14 Oct 2006 08:36:46 -0400

Sarai wrote:
> The short version is when I originally began learning how to rip, I
> didn't know how to make sub directories, nor have my ripping settings to
> where it would give the album info, then I bought a player (Arches) that
> wasn't accessible because I didn't know about Rock box, so could only
> have music in 1 directory. I do want sub directories by albums, but
> trying to put thousands of songs in album folders w/o reripping the
> music is getting daunting. Thanks for the suggestion, I'll work on it.
> Sarai D. Bucciarelli

That's easy to deal with. Go make an account on MusicBrainz
( AFAIK) and download their MB Tagger. It will read
all of your MP3s, OGG Vorbis files, and a whole list of other formats,
and rename/retag/organize your files (just make sure before you start
that you have its config set up the way you want it. Read every settings
tab). The tagger program will ask you to donate to MusicBrainz every
time, but you can safely hit No Thanks.

That program will do a frequency analysis of your songs and match them
to songs in their database that have already been analyzed. You can help
them out, too--sort of a Wikipedia for music project. The tagger
application is not the smoothest of apps, but it will work with a little

Oh, just thought of this--hope you're running Windows, because AFAIK
MusicBrainz doesn't have a Linux/Mac/whatever else port.

Good luck,