Subject: Re: iriver 320 battery usage

Re: iriver 320 battery usage

From: Calum Mackay <>
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 17:37:32 +0100

hi Paul,

I can help with a couple of these...

> 7. As my iriver is a reconditioned model it is possible that the
> internal battery is old and is not holding its charge as it should.
> Is it possible to replace the internal battery.

It is, although not a trivial operation. Full details here:

I've not yet tried it myself, but many people report success with this

> Is it possible to purchase a spare internal battery plus charger for
> use when the internal battery has run out and there is no means of
> recharging it.

Given the difficult of changing it, a better solution would be to use an
external battery. My h320 & h340 came with an external "backpack" for 4
x AA batteries, which supplies power to the unit via the charging
socket. Have you tried one of those?