Subject: Voicing status information

Voicing status information

From: Grant Hardy <grant_hardy_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2006 21:37:47 -0700

Hi Guys,

As we know, some developers have created a patch to provide voice input upon
shutting down and turning on a player. I did not think such things were being
worked on, but one of my longstanding wishes has been for a "voice status" item
in a file's context menu, which would speak various information about the file
from the WPS, particularly elapsed and total time. One of the major drawbacks
about listening to podcasts on the device for those who rely on the voice
interface is that we have no idea of the total time of our file. The only way
to hear the elapsed time of a file is to bookmark it and then listen to the
elapsed time of the bookmark. What do you all think about this "voice status"
option?