Subject: Re: IRiver - No wall charging. Help!!!

Re: IRiver - No wall charging. Help!!!

From: victor rajewski <askvictor_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:05:40 +1000

On 10/23/06, Chintalagiri Shashank <shashank.chintalagiri_at_gmail.com> wrote:

> Holding rec as i plugged it in didnt help. It went to the charging
> screnn, then truned off in a second, went back into the charging
> screen, and so on as long as I had had rec rec pressed. I'll try once
> again with the new battery which should have some charge left in it...

Yeah; I've had the same problem - you'll just have to wait till you get the
new battery. Alternately, this might be an opportunity to play with the
hardware and try to solder a new charging socket in or something like that -
you'll have to be digging around inside to change the battery anyway...

Is there anyway to turn off the backlight on the iriver firmware while
> its charging... ?

Not that I know of. It is annoying. Use a rockbox build which supports usb
charging...