Subject: Re: IRiver - No wall charging. Help!!!

Re: IRiver - No wall charging. Help!!!

From: Manuel Dejonghe <>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 23:21:21 +0200

On 10/24/06, Chintalagiri Shashank <> wrote:
> I considered replacing the connector. Couldnt find one that would fit
> in. Also, the connector in the iriver has a microswitch in it. I wasnt
> sure if ignoring its presence - as I would do if I were to just solder
> wires onto the board and draw them out - would cause any trouble.

I am pretty sure there is no switch in it. Sometimes, one can get the
impression by pluggin in an unpowered charger and seeing the iriver
start up, but that's only with the remaining power in the
It usually works several minutes after having unplugged the charger,
but usually not more than once or twice in a row.