Subject: losing voice and crashes with recording screen

losing voice and crashes with recording screen

From: Stephen Clower <steve_at_steve-audio.net>
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:20:06 -0500

Hi folks,

I have found a quite serious bug in the Rockbox recorder, at least
for the Iriver H1XX platform. If you have idle power-off enabled,
then enter the recording screen without actually starting a
recording, the unit will eventually power down as you might expect.
Once the unit is restarted, though, the vvoice menu option is
disabled. All I can think is that there is an instruction in the
recording screen telling the voice to turn off, and it doesn't get
reenabled when the machine powers off.

Another problem relating to the above issue is that if you have idle
poweroff disabled and enter the recording screen, again without
making a test recording, and remain there for several minutes, you
will find the machine locks up when the record screen is closed.
After applying a thumb tack to the reset button, I find that as
above, the voice menus option has been turned off and idle poweroff
has been reset to its value before I disabled it.

I would ask that any H1XX users with some time, patience, and a thumb
tack try the above steps to verify my Rockbox symptoms with the
recording screen.

Thanks,
Steve