Subject: Re: Fw:o/t Winamp Version 5.31 is now Available

Re: Fw:o/t Winamp Version 5.31 is now Available

From: Gert Brinkmann <>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 17:19:22 +0200

Peter C. Gravelle wrote:

> iTunes or XMMS2 is that I don't need or want a library system. I just

I do not want one, too. My filesystem is my library.

> Audacious took the BMP code before they added the library junk and
> forked it into their project. Now we have a nice GTK2-based
> non-library-based media player. It's currently under active
> development, for better or worse.

Hmm, well, from the FAQ:
What about BMPx?
BMPx has a number of good concepts. We're very interested in sharing
common code with them, including the new BMPx media library. That looks
stunning in and of itself.

With some bad luck it will become a monster player, too.