Subject: RE: USB charge does not work at all on H340

RE: USB charge does not work at all on H340

From: Mat Mirabella <mathew.mirabella_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Oct 2006 08:31:56 +1000

Eric and all.

I think we are now getting close to the problem.
I have been connected via a desktop port or laptop port.. So it would be
appropriate to set the USB connect mode to "desktop". It seems that the
iriver firmware gives you two options, desktop or hub... But it also seems
that the default setting (when you first go into that option) is to have
neither option checked.
I know that the last time I reflashed the player I went and set this option
to "desktop". But maybe that has the effect of forcing the player to try to
"connect" first before charging is attempted. If this is true, it explains
why the player shuts down before getting to the charging screen when the
battery is low... It is too low to get their past the attempt to connect
which takes a bit of HD spin.

Maybe you need to leave all those usb conn. Options unchecked? Anyway I
have left them unchecked for now and we will see what happens when the
player gets low again DO you know of any other options in iriver firmware
that sets usb charging (other than the USB conn settings)?.

Although your email suggests that maybe setting this option is important for
charging and so setting it to one or the other should not be the cause of
the fact that charging won't work at all.

BTW I was using the iriver 1.30 firmware... But now have gone to use the
1.29 firmware and flashed it again today. This is because I thought maybe
the problem could have been with the bootloader or something to do with
firmware... And also because I think 1.29 can play some videos so I might
try that.

Mat.