Subject: RFE: independent control of line-out volume

RFE: independent control of line-out volume

From: Calum Mackay <>
Date: Fri, 27 Oct 2006 23:39:20 +0100

hi all,

Would anyone find the following useful...?

I'd like to see Rockbox allow me to control the line-out volume
separately from the headphone volume, via a setting, on players that
support it.

My own example would be the iriver H3x0, which have separate jacks. I'm
assuming that these *are* controllable separately, and not just a split
of the same output?

When using line-out, it often makes sense to have the volume at 0dB, and
adjust things on the receiving equipment. It can give you a big shock
when you forget and plug the headphones back in again, subsequently :)

I've seen similar issues raised as tasks, e.g limiting volume, but
didn't see this particular issue, so was considering logging a feature

Anyone have an opinion?

thanks much for any comments.