Thanks for all the answers.
Summary of what I've found so far regarding buying a player, price and
- the iriver HP340 (or is it iHP340) is still available in Europe, from
the iRiver Europe itself, for 350 Euros taxes included.
The others HP 3x0 are not available anymore, nor the HP1x0
- the iaudio X5 is available in US/Canada/Europe with huge price
- 300 USD (Amazon, only ships in US)
- not found in Canada
- 460 euros in France (580 USD, taxes included)
- 365 euros in Germany (Amazon I think, only ships in Germany) (465 USD)
- 300 GBP in the UK (570 USD)
X5 30GB (price maybe for X5 or X5L, don't remember)
- 230 USD; (Amazon)
- 350 CAN, 380 CAN for X5L (yes, available in Canada, Dell I think)
- 240 GPB
X5 20GB (price maybe for X5 or X5L, don't remember)
- 330 USD (amazon, didn't get why the price was that high)
- 280 CAN
- 200 GPB (380 USD)
As you may see, chosing the cheapest is not easy.
I'm now in Europe, and considering some 2 hops shoping. I haven't quite
On Sun, Oct 29, 2006, Andre Allavena wrote:
> I'm looking into buying an Ogg/Mpg3 player, and I want it to be a
> Rockbox player (I much prefer running Floss software).
> I saw a thread here dating in March asking for the best player to buy to
> run RockBox. I'm asking for the same question (the answer at the time
> was either the iriver H340, not available new anymore as far as I could tell
> and the iaudio X5).
> Important for me:
> * large disk (>20GB)
> * usable as a portable hard disk drive
> * fully supported by Rockbox
> * good audio quality (will be listening to classical music)
> * available either in Europe or in North America
> Nice to have
> * No need for extra conectors for connection as hard drive.
> * Recording (with, or without, microphone).
> Not important:
> * FM
> * Video
> Thanks for your help
Received on 2006-10-30