Subject: Rockbox and AAC

Rockbox and AAC

From: Brandon Hicks <>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 2006 19:11:53 -0700

Hello fellow Rockboxers,
I've got a question about AAC support in Rockbox. What encoders does it
work with? There seem to be quite a few out there, some have different
options. I've tried encoding some files with CDEX and playing them in
Winamp, but they don't play. I suspect they won't play in Rockbox
either, so I'd like to know what people are using for AAC encoders in

Again I want to say how much I like Rockbox and respect the developers.
As soon as I have some personal funds I intend to donate. I'd be doing
programming now, but I haven't got the head for it, unfortunately. As
soon as I can get on IRC I'll be submitting some changes to the manual,
which is all I can do at this point it seems.

Thanks for answering my inexperienced questions...