Subject: X5 troubles, please help

X5 troubles, please help

From: Brandon Hicks <reyuth1010_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 31 Oct 2006 17:13:49 -0700

Hi all,

I'm having some weirdness with my X5 lately.

Even without updating Rockbox, talk MP3 clips are being disabled every
once in a while, and same with voice menus. I'm not resetting the
settings, the X5 shuts down properly, but when I turn it on sometimes I
don't get either, or one is missing.

Another problem is pressing right on the stick doesn't do anything at
all. It moves normally, and up down and left, as well as center work,
but between 8:30 and 12:00 the right got disabled.

I'd like to, if I can, fix it myself so I don't wait 3 weeks for the
unit to be shipped back to cowon. If anyone can recommend anything to
do, please let me know.

Thanks
Brandon