Subject: Re: using i pod

Re: using i pod

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 05:00:13 -0700

Hi Celeste you ask:
When I spoke with someone at audible.com last week they told me that you
have to use i-tunes to download audible books. They said that it's not very
user
friendly with JAWS. My blind friends in Phoenix who used to sell adaptive
technology agreed with that. Does rockbox help with the use of i-tunes or
is
there a way to use it successfully?

The short answer iis no. IN fact, you don't need Itunes to use Rockbox.
You will likely need Itunes to initialize your IPOD however once you install
Rockbox you can blow Itunes away.
Rockgbox will not support audible content. You can read more about .AA &
MP3 formats at:
http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/5/103313
Thanks
Your welcome...rocker
.

have to use i-tunes to download audible books. They said that it's not very
user friendly with JAWS. My blind friends in Phoenix who used to sell
adaptive technology agreed with that. Does rockbox help with the use of
i-tunes or is there a way to use it successfully?

Thanks.

I hope I'm not asking stupid questions. I just don't want to purchase a
player and wish later that I had waited or purchased something else.

Thanks again.

Celeste