Subject: Sound Quality Settings

Sound Quality Settings

From: Rich De Steno <ironrock_at_verizon.net>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 07:46:37 -0500

I use Rockbox with the voice option. I installed an updated version of
Rockbox from a few days ago on my Iriver H120 and I noticed some changes
from my previous version, including a choice of recording bit rates. I know
that bit rate determines the quality of MP3 files, but I did not know that
bit rates were associated with WAV files. What was the bit rate at before
we had a choice? Has the bug been fixed yet relating to not being able to
stop a recording with the STOP button? Are there any plans to allow for
recording in the Ogg Vorbis or some other more compact format? How about
ability to set the clock?