Subject: Re: using i pod

Re: using i pod

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 01 Nov 2006 16:23:17 -0700

Hi Hamish you wrote:
I am not sure about other Ipods but I have installed Rockbox on a number of
Nanos now and you don't need I Tunes at all, I just plug in via the USB
cable
and head to the command prompt and get on with the install.

Command prompt? Your asking me to have to think right? LOL! Just to be
clear, you can install rockbox on an IPOD right out of the manufactures box?
Cheers...rocker

The short answer iis no. IN fact, you don't need Itunes to use Rockbox.
You will likely need Itunes to initialize your IPOD however once you install
Rockbox you can blow Itunes away.

I am not sure about other Ipods but I have installed Rockbox on a number of
Nanos now and you dont need I Tunes at all, I just plug in via the USB cable
and head to the command prompt and get on with the install.

Cheers

Hamish