Subject: Re: Best Voice File to use?

Re: Best Voice File to use?

From: Peter Herngaard <pethern_at_email.dk>
Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2006 01:24:53 +0100

Hello Peter

If you have any SAPI4 or SAPI5 compatible speech engine on your computer,
it's actually very easy to generate a Rockbox voice file.
Download the listvoices.vbs (for SAPI5) and listvoices_sapi4.vbs from the
voice wiki and run cscript listvoices.vbs and cscript listvoices_sapi4.vbs
from the command prompt.
The VB script should then return a list of all speech engines currently
installed on your system.
If you are interested, I can send you a ZIP archive of ,my own voice
generation scripts with batch files.
You will still need speech engines, but several are made available freely
for private use. Unfortunately, distributing the generated speech as sound
files may often constitute a breach of the licensing conditions.

Silly but true.

Best Wishes,
Peter Herngaard