Subject: Re: My IRIVER H320 IS FIXED, STILL NEED HELP

Re: My IRIVER H320 IS FIXED, STILL NEED HELP

From: Brian Wolven <bcwolven_at_jhu.edu>
Date: Sat, 04 Nov 2006 21:56:41 -0500

Dan Malone wrote:

> Hello Rockbox users,
> I am totally blind.
> With help from my son, that's sighted, we followed the instructions, I
> beleive to the letter to load Rockbox on my Iriver H320.
> But, it doesn't come up talking.
> We used the patcher for the international .hex file:
> H300jp-v128.zip
> The patcher program said successful.
> And, he updated the firmware on the unit successfully as it shut itself off.
> I then extracted the folder and file from:
> rockbox-h300-20061103.zip
> We placed them on the root directory.

Just a guess, based on the order in which you describe doing things here:

Did you extract the contents of the zip, and *then* move them onto the
unit? If that is the case, the "hidden" .rockbox" folder probably did
not make the trip over to the iRiver.

Instead, try moving the zip file onto the root directory of the iriver
first and then extracting the contents, "in place", so to speak.