Subject: Re: Best Voice File to use?

Re: Best Voice File to use?

From: Rene Ludwig <>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 13:52:54 +0100

Hello Peter,
i came across a problem after testing my new voice files both with Steffi
and Klaus. The german umlauts are not spoken. I had a look at the
deutsch.lang file. The umlauts are displayed properly when viewing the file
in notepad.
Do You have an idea why they get lost during the voice file creation? When
using the free voice file from the rockbox page, the umlauts are spoken.
> Hello Rene

> I have not tested Klaus myself. But I thought that you should be able to
> integrate Acapela Klaus with the scripting process.
> Download Acapela Infovox Desktop Pro Klaus (73 MB)and see if it works.

> Note that the Acapela voices sold by doesn't interact with
> other
> programs than TextAloud.

> Best Wishes,
> Peter Herngaard

Please visit my Braille / Low-Vision Site at