Subject: WMA or ASF unprotected file support for Rockbox?

WMA or ASF unprotected file support for Rockbox?

From: Brent Harding <>
Date: Sun, 5 Nov 2006 20:40:24 -0600

Is there a codec, even if third-party, that I can download and install to my Iriver H120 to make it play unprotected Windows Media files in Rockbox? I know someone told me that mplayer existed in open source form, but would it be easy to get the codec from it into the format Rockbox uses? I know the Iriver firmware could do it, but being blind, it's hard to predict how many folders down the list the one where I'd put these files would be. Also, I could probably never bookmark them.