Subject: iPod 5G installation help

iPod 5G installation help

From: Glenn at home <GlennErvin_at_cableone.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Nov 2006 20:47:29 -0600

Hello iPod users,
I'm working with a friend who has an iPod 5G, 30GB model.
He is running the loader2 program, using JFW (screen-reader).
With some difficulty, he is getting it to run.
It seems that there is no way for Blind users to hear the item as checked
when we tab through the install lists.
But he has gotten the loader to run, seemingly successfully.
But the iPod has only beeped one time for him on boot-up, which according to
the info, means that we should be able to select RockBox.
Do we press any key such as FW, or REW to select RockBox?
I read where you do one of the keys, and press the center select button.
I think the windows G U I install is doable by a Blind person, just as long
as we use the JFW cursor on the lists and make sure the wanted item reads
graphic 700 something
instead of the graphic being a 300 number, which seems to indicate that the
item is not selected.
But he may have had it installed yesterday, and then messed it up today, not
knowing that the beep meant he had the choice of choosing RockBox.
Also, does he always have to make the RockBox choice, or will it always
default to the last loaded firmware?
Thanks for any help for Blind installers.
Glenn
who does not have an iPod right now.