Subject: Re: Iriver H120, SP Dif or optical?

Re: Iriver H120, SP Dif or optical?

From: Brent Harding <bharding_at_doorpi.net>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 19:50:51 -0600

I think I have, according to what I remember when I got the card, 3 or maybe
4 analog output jacks that would be used for 7.1 sound. I just looked at a
description online, and they say optical output, which is good. I also felt
these 2 little squarish things sticking out next to the miniplug connectors,
wonder if those are the optical in and out as they seem to have a little
hole in them that a pin in the end of some cable would connect with. The
good thing is that I don't appear to have to convert the signals, it's just
a matter of which cable to buy and use. I hope also that it sends the
2-channel signal instead of DTS or whatever.