Subject: Bootloader changes

Bootloader changes

From: Mat Mirabella <>
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2006 13:56:12 +1100

Hi All.
Just wondering… has anything changed in the rockbox bootloader for H340
since last year?
E.g. has the patched called "iriver battery safe bootloader " been applied
in the version of the firmware patcher that you download from the site now?
I downloaded an old version of the package to patch the iriver firmware with
rockbox some time prior to jan 06, but am now using a version downloaded
from the site only a few months ago. I would like to know if any of these
patches have been used in the creation of the new version of the bootloader…
It may be a patch like this which is causing my problem with USB charging
because this patch apparently makes the iriver shut down before booting when
a low battery is detected… the exact behaviour my unit is doing at the