Subject: Re: voicebox?

Re: voicebox?

From: Tom Cole <tcole_at_xtra.co.nz>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2006 09:59:02 +1300

On Mon, 13 Nov 2006 19:57:58 +1100, Mat Mirabella
<mathew.mirabella_at_gmail.com> wrote:

>> Either use voicebox2.5.1.zip, or the one available at
>> http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/VoiceHowto They are almost
>> identical and will recognise .ogg files.
>
>Actually what is the difference between the two? Where can you get the
>2.5.1 zip file?... I have only seen the one from the site.

The voicebox2.5.1.zip is available on the wiki at
http://www.rockbox.org/twiki/bin/view/Main/RockBox251
(Read that page for information about Rockbox 2.5.1.)

The only difference is that the 2.5.1 version has modified Lame
parameters so as to generate the MP3 .talk files with similar
characteristics to the Menu MP3 files. All this is only relevant to
people who are using Rockbox 2.5.1 on their Archos machines and who want
to make use of the Talking Bookmark feature.

For other users, the difference should be immaterial; either can be used
to generate the .talk files.