Subject: Re: problem with Rockbox and iPod mini 4gb 1gen

Re: problem with Rockbox and iPod mini 4gb 1gen

From: Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca>
Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2006 17:05:55 -0700

The voice file is called english.voice
Not real speak or eloquence ...
----- Original Message -----
From: "Otis Blue" <o.blue_at_sbcglobal.net>
To: "Rockbox" <rockbox_at_cool.haxx.se>
Sent: Wednesday, November 15, 2006 4:09 PM

Hi,

I have another question. when you extract one of the voices into the
lang folder are there suppose to be different types of language files
in there? I'm just trying to make sure I did that correctly. I
can't get any speaking features out of my ipod. That's what made me
think it's the voice files.

on Wednesday 11/15/2006 03:55 PM, Woody Anna Dresner said:
>Hi Otis,
>
>By default, menus are voiced in Rockbox, but files and folders are
>not. So if all is working right, when you first boot up Rockbox you
>will hear no speech unless you press Menu (the top button) to go to
>the main menu. Have you tried this? Once you're in the menu, if
>it's talking correctly, you can choose General Settings, then Voice,
>then go to Voice Directories and Voice Files and set them to either
>spell directory and file names, number them, or speak MP3 clips,
>which you can generate by running VoiceBox.
>
>HTH,
>Anna

         Otis Blue
o.blue at sbcglobal.net
Notice: carefully recognize my email address to make the correct changes.

Join me and get telephone and high speed services from AT&T Communications.

www.attreferrals.com
Referrer: OB8885001