Subject: Automatically creating voice files

Automatically creating voice files

From: Simon Eigeldinger <>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 07:37:12 +0200

Hi all,

Are we able to create voice files automatically?
I think it will be interesting, if we can create also daily voice
files. So we are all up to date.

I found quite nice synthesizer engine which can run under linux:

I don't know how much processor power we have available on the
players but maybe we can port this lightweight speech engine to
rockbox? If this is possible we don't need voice files any more.
The speech engine can also then read text files on the player.

Here is a list which voices are currently available:

And here is the main site:

Have a nice day,