Subject: Re: Automatically creating voice files

Re: Automatically creating voice files

From: <>
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:47:26 +0100

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 08:29:11 +0100
  Jonas H <> wrote:
>Simon Eigeldinger wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> Are we able to create voice files automatically?
>> I think it will be interesting, if we can create also
>>daily voice
>> files. So we are all up to date.
>With my somewhat recent voice update, this should be at
>technically possible.

That would be good.
Because then we have always the most current voice with
the most current language.

>> I found quite nice synthesizer engine which can run
>>under linux:
>I believe Marcoen Hirschberg (markun) is already working
>with the eSpeak
>author on doing exactly that. It's extremely unlikely to
>work on the
>Archos units, and might not be feasible on the current
>targets either,
>but the in-progress Toshiba Gigabeat would probably be
>perfectly realistic.

I heard that the Archos players haven't enough power for
that. But I think I heard a few months ago that such
engine could run on a iriver H 300. I am not on the newest
spot of this topic and i don't know if my info is right.