Subject: Re: Wow, linux based DAP!

Re: Wow, linux based DAP!

From: Jan Müller <>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:02:23 +0100

there is a short piece on heise today:

It states that the Wizpy will be a linux-based player with a modified version
of Turbolinux. It will play MP3, OGG, WMA, AAC, JPEG and DivX and has a fm
radio. The player is advertised as an "open source media player".

As far as I understand it has a kind of double-boot option (player/pc).
The linux distribution on the player features Firefox, Thunderbird, Skype and
more. This is accessible if one plugs the player into the pc and boots linux
from the player.

Clever idea, if the heise piece is accurate.