Subject: Re: Wow, linux based DAP!

Re: Wow, linux based DAP!

From: Jonas H <>
Date: Fri, 24 Nov 2006 12:25:13 +0100

Jan Müller wrote:
> there is a short piece on heise today:
> It states that the Wizpy will be a linux-based player with a modified version
> of Turbolinux. It will play MP3, OGG, WMA, AAC, JPEG and DivX and has a fm
> radio. The player is advertised as an "open source media player".
> As far as I understand it has a kind of double-boot option (player/pc).
> The linux distribution on the player features Firefox, Thunderbird, Skype and
> more. This is accessible if one plugs the player into the pc and boots linux
> from the player.
> Clever idea, if the heise piece is accurate.

I've just searched the net, and I still haven't seen any article (except
possibly that Heise article, my German is rusty) that indicates that the
player _runs_ Linux. They all seem to agree that Linux is simply
installed on the flash drive, and can be booted from a PC, which is more
gimmicky than newsworthy.

Jonas H