Subject: Re: Voicebox

Re: Voicebox

From: Linus Nielsen Feltzing <>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 11:04:16 +0100

Andrea Sherry wrote:
> OK guys! So how does it work?
> I have read that readme file that comes in the archive and to me it is about as clear as my sunnies on a really dark night that is to say I don't understand how something that appears to refer to my pc relates to making Rockbox on my iriver voice files as words and not as file1-audio or spell them.
> So could I have a few clues please.

The voicing of file names on the iriver is not done in real time.
Instead, the Voicebox script speaks each filename with the voice on your
PC and stores the results in an accompanying file called
<filename>.talk. The file browser in Rockbox then plays the .talk clips
while you browse.

Read all about it here: