Subject: Disassembly question

Disassembly question

From: Bradley Alexander <storm_at_tux.org>
Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2006 20:46:12 -0500 (EST)

Got a question for the assembled Archos wisdom here. I have a Recorder 20, and the jack the charger plugs into came loose and is currently floating around inside. I have disassembled the unit, but am trying to figure out the best way to get inside there to resolder the jack. Initially, it looked like I could loosen the two solder joints to the battery rail and remove the printed circuit board on the end of the unit to get in there...However, I melted that solder, but the pcb did not come loose.

Has anyone a suggestion on how to get in there and reconnect that jack?

Thanks,
--b