Subject: Re: An old new experience

Re: An old new experience

From: Neon John <jgd_at_johngsbbq.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 11:17:29 -0500

On Mon, 27 Nov 2006 06:00:58 -0700, Rocker <rocker_at_shaw.ca> wrote:

>> The last thing I do is gently squeeze the opening of the headphone
>> jack with smooth jaw needle nose pliers while gently heating the
>> plastic with hot air using an SMT hot air needle with the heat turned
>> down. The objective is to make the opening slightly oval so as to
>> tightly grip the headphone jack. This eliminates the annoying problem
>> of the cord pulling out during vigorous activities.
>>
>> Button 'er up and she's ready.
>
>LOL dude yyour the king of mods man. When my battery goes on the IHP-140
>can I send it to you for replacement? Or ar you just an Archos man?

Perhaps, depending on what I'm doing at the time. I've never seen an
Iriver in person but I suppose it comes apart like most other small
electronic gadgets.

>Sure
>wish I could see so I could tinker like that. Well Ive got my drum kit
>project I'm working on.

I hear ya. My eyes have gotten bad enough that I have to use a
stereoscope to do PCB work that I could do with naked eyes not that
many years ago. Impending geezerdom is a b*tch!

>A Falican rack with floating everything including a
>really wild modified remote hat.

How's that in English? :-)

>Good work man. You should be grabbing old unis for parts off of Ebay and
>fixing them up for resale.

Too much like work and besides, I don't do sleazebay. I retired from
all workified-type stuff about 6 months ago. I'm now seeing the
country by wheeling around an 18-wheel rig. Lovin' it. The JBR sure
gets a workout.

John

---
John De Armond
http://www.neon-john.com
Cleveland, Occupied TN
Don't let your schooling interfere with your education-Mark Twain