Subject: Player choices

Player choices

From: Bradley Alexander <>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 11:41:53 -0500 (EST)

Well, its getting to the point where I have been holding my Archos Recorder 20 together with bailing wire and chewing gum, and its time to start looking for a new player.

Aside from the ipod (I have philosophical and practical reasons for not wanting one), what are other good players? I want something with a hard drive, preferably that supports Rockbox. I saw an old review and the iRiver H-series seemed pretty decent, but going to the iRiver website, all I could find were solid-state units in the 2-4 GB range. I want at least 20-40 GB of storage. Does anyone have any suggestions on good players?