Subject: Re: Create itunesdb file on Windows?

Re: Create itunesdb file on Windows?

From: Axel <captain-proton_at_web.de>
Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2006 18:03:30 +0100

There is a way. Grab a copy of foobar2000 v0.8.3
(http://www.tinkafoo.com/log/foo_pod/foobar2000_0.8.3_special.exe) and
the latest foo_pod plugin from this thread over at
HydrogenAudio(http://www.hydrogenaudio.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=19156).

What you can do with this awesome pieces of software is described here
(http://www.tinkafoo.com/log/foo_pod.html).

A brief HowTo for your interests:

.install foobar2000 v0.8.3 (thereīs a newer one, but the plugin doesnīt
work with it yet)
.copy the foo_pod.dll into the components folder of foobar
.start foobar
.connect your iPod to your pc
.click in the menubar of foobar: ->components->foo_pod->select iPod to
use, and ensure the right drive is selected
.of your interest is the entry maintenance in
->components->foo_pod->maintenance

Before you gamble with your ipoddb, you should use the function to
"Backup the iPod Database". After that itīs time to use the feature
Update iTunesDB Database on iPod, if that doesnīt work you can try to
use Rebuild iTunesDB Database on iPod instead which will take a while
depending on your connection and amount of files on the pod.

Well, I canīt guarantee anything but itīs worth a try. Despite that,
foobar2000 with this plugin is a very convenient replacement for iTunes
for the iPodīs that are not yet supported by Rockbox, like the nano 2nd gen.