Subject: iPod 5G Video 60GB

iPod 5G Video 60GB

From: Alan Davies <>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 12:10:44 +0000

I'm quite excited to have found you through a Linux organization of
which I'm a member. I'm having a bit of a problem getting Rockbox setup
on my iPod and hoping someone can tell me where/what I need to change.
First, I followed the directions for installation and achieved a certain
amount of success.

It appears I was able to load the bootstrap as I see the system boot,
the Rockbox logo comes up, then it goes away showing a in very small
print the directories on the root of the iPod (calendar, contacts, . .
., rockbox). That's where the it all ends. If I select Rockbox, the
logo comes up again but then it brings me back to the same menu. I also
tried to unzip Rockbox to the iPod root as directed by the
documentation, but the same results.

Any help is appreciated.

Kind regards,
Alan Davies