Subject: Re: iPod 5G Video 60GB

Re: iPod 5G Video 60GB

From: Jonas H <rasher_at_rasher.dk>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 13:23:54 +0100

Alan Davies wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm quite excited to have found you through a Linux organization of
> which I'm a member. I'm having a bit of a problem getting Rockbox setup
> on my iPod and hoping someone can tell me where/what I need to change.
> First, I followed the directions for installation and achieved a certain
> amount of success.
>
> It appears I was able to load the bootstrap as I see the system boot,
> the Rockbox logo comes up, then it goes away showing a in very small
> print the directories on the root of the iPod (calendar, contacts, . .
> ., rockbox). That's where the it all ends. If I select Rockbox, the
> logo comes up again but then it brings me back to the same menu. I also
> tried to unzip Rockbox to the iPod root as directed by the
> documentation, but the same results.

This is the Rockbox file browser. All that's left now is to play music.
The rockbox file is simply the Rockbox image, and you shouldn't run that
- it will simply restart Rockbox. See
http://download.rockbox.org/manual/rockbox-ipodvideo/rockbox-buildch3.html#x5-190003
for a quick introduction of what to do next.

--
Jonas H
rasher(at)rasher(dot)dk