Subject: erratic behavior of click wheel

erratic behavior of click wheel

From: Woody Anna Dresner <wadresner_at_hawaiiantel.net>
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 12:29:24 -1000

Hi,

Sometimes the click wheel on my Nano behaves erratically. When this
happens while I'm running Rockbox, I can't seem to scroll to some
menu items, or pressing Next selects the wrong thing. And when I
switch to the Apple firmware, the volume jumps unpredictably when I
try to change it. The problem is intermittent (I hate intermittent
problems!). I called Apple, and the first thing they said to do was
reset. So I installed the original firmware. I had no problems with
it, but I didn't use it all that long, and as I said, the problem is
intermittent. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks.

Cheers,
Anna