Subject: Re: An old new experience

Re: An old new experience

From: David Dolphin <>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 01:15:36 +0000

> I am puzzled by this. I have an H340 which works fine,
> except for the battery.. which quit at about 18 months.
> It runs down in about 10 minutes now.

I purchased an iriver via eBay a few weeks back ( or
eBay ID: 290047654112) and just got my hands on it over the weekend. I
seem to be having a similar issue, sometimes (not always) the battery
will cut out, either turning the player off or preforming the
equivalent of a hard reset (reset button on the side).

After doing a bit of research on this I'm almost sure its the battery.
It held 7-8 hours charge (with 10 or so resets) yesterday, some approx
10 minuets apart, others hours apart.

Sending the player back to the states at my own expense (I live in
Ireland) will most likely cost an arm and a leg and at this time of
year I probably wont see it again till January.

I'm willing to head up to Maplin and grab a iPod 1/2G battery tomorrow
and replace it myself if i know this will fix it. Has anyone had a
similar issue and did a replacement battery fix it?