Subject: Customized player as a bithday gift

Customized player as a bithday gift

From: Maxim Jankov <golergka_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2006 16:04:22 +0300

Hello. I have an issue that on first sight doesn't correspond with this
mailing-list, but it does.
I thinked of a bithday gift for my girl for a quite a long time... And I
came up with the idea of a media player - but just a media player is
something you buy for money, but not put your heart into. So I wanted to
supply it with special Rockbox build, and immideatly came up with couple of
questions, that I hope you'll help me with.
First of all, I'm not sure what player to buy. I know that it's not a
player's discussion board, but that's the only place where the advice of a
Rockbox-compatible player that suits me. I have iRiver H340 and I think it's
an ideal media-player for me: useful, comfotable and such. But iPod G5 seems
to be more stylish, more... glamour may be, and I've already looked some
very useful and cute accessories for it - fortunately, I don't want my girl
to need to buy something for the gift. May be you can provide other good
variants and alert me of any difficulties with players I don't know.
And, fortunately, I have to be able to open the box, plug the player to my
computer and then put the thing back to it's beautiful box.
But most of problems are about rockbox itself. Of course, I won't use
default build, it has to be EXTREMLY stable, fast, without any unused
options and plugins. Better with debug section removed from view, as some
other options (I don't want my girl occassionly switch language to
japanese). Is any of that present in some alternative build? On the other
hand, I'm looking for a really lovely WPS (or a way to create one; I've
never created any before, but it seems that I'll have to).
And, as we came upon the WPS, I wanted to ask if anyone knows SIMPLE utility
for Windows (as I don't use it) for updating album covers. Or I should
forget the idea about 'em?... I just don't know if that feature stable
enough on different players.
By the way I wan't the player to have an easy way of going back to factory
software. Never needed myself, too...
Lastly, the most, I think, simple question - how to make the other,
full-screen (not only the header) picture load on boot and bootloader output
to be in other colors (suiting with WPS I'll install)?
Thank you for your help :) :) :)