Subject: Re: Customized player as a bithday gift

Re: Customized player as a bithday gift

Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2006 17:11:21 +0100

Hello Maxim.

> First of all, I'm not sure what player to buy.

if you really want to make it special, I'd go for a H3x0 and put an
InSkin in it (please search Misticriver for details).
The only problem here is that you would have to take the whole player
apart first.

> But most of problems are about rockbox itself. Of course, I won't use
> default build, it has to be EXTREMLY stable, fast, without any
> unused options and plugins.

there's a H300-minimal-Rockbox-build out there, this may come closest to
what you imagine.

> And, as we came upon the WPS, I wanted to ask if anyone knows SIMPLE
> utility for Windows (as I don't use it) for updating album covers.

if you mean converting already-existent covers, look for a program
called H3XXAlbumArtManager, it does a great job for me (batch rename/resize)

So far, success with your search!

Benjamin